Are you familiar with StumbleUpon? Until now I really did not have a cohesive understanding of what it was all about. I knew some, but very little.
Essentially it is a social media platform similar to Pinterest, in the sense that it is image driven, but it is more of a techy tool. With that being said, do not let that detour you from using it to get traffic to your blog.
Kelli, from 3 Boys and a Dog, and I had the pleasure of interviewing Annie Schultz today.We want to help you learn how to blog. Remember, no matter how old our blog there is always something new to learn.
Annie is a mom blogger who gets the majority of her traffic from StumbleUpon. She has even written an eBook about it. Today she walks us through how to use this tool to drive more traffic to our site. We managed to keep this video under 30 minutes. Yay!
Beginner Tasks for this Week:
- Install the StumbleUpon Toolbar and use it. Also, install a StumbleUpon button within your posts for readers who do not have the toolbar installed.
- Go Stumbling and discover what people are sharing on StumbleUpon. Do some liking and commenting.
- Participate with Power Stumblers.
Advanced Tasks for this Week:
- Start spending 12-20 minutes per day, 5-7 days a week on StumbleUpon sharing other people’s content and some of your content. For every 10 times you Stumble something you can Stumble one of your own posts. (I completely messed this task up in the video- we do not expect you to get on SU 5-7 times a day. It was supposed to be per week.)
- From this point on make your posts Stumble-able with great images and a great intro sentences.
- When you are discovering new posts for StumbleUpon, use hashtags and choose the option to Tweet them and Facebook them while you’re there to have activity on all three platforms without three times the work. While the hashtags are not overly effect on SU, being that you are tweeting the post out as well, that is where the hashtag will really be implemented.
Join us next week (3-26-13) at 10:00 am CST over on Google+ as we discuss Google+! Let me know if you need an invite so you can RSVP. You will need to be in either my circle or Kelli’s circle to get an invite, but we can totally make that happen for you!
More Blogging Tips
- Utilizing Facebook for Blog Traffic (video)
- Use Pinterest to Grow Your Site (video)
- How to Use Twitter (video)
- Linky Party Strategies- 50 Parties in my Niche
- How to Improve Your Blog
- 16 Twitter Tips
- Can You Make Money Blogging?