Earlier this week 15 or so local DFW bloggers gathered at a culinary establishment with a Texas-based company by the name of Wholly Gucamole. To be more specific they make Wholly Guacamole and Wholly Salsa. Have you seen their products in a store near you?
Wholly started right here in the DFW area back in the late 80′s. The owner of this product, who is 80 years old and still actively involved in the Wholly mission, developed an organic (before organic was cool) gluten-free, preservative free, kosher, store-bought guacamole by using a method called HPP (High Pressure Processing technology). Some 20 years later, this brand is the worlds largest user on HPP. Their guacamole contains real avocados and ingredients you can pronounce and the taste is yummy!
Now, Wholly has gone all salsa on us, and I do not mean the dance. Best of all salsa is not just for dipping anymore.
They invited us bloggers out to partner up with local chefs and create delicious dinner ideas for our families using their salsas and guacamoles. And you know how I feel about an easy recipe.
They broke us up into teams. It was kind of a competition.
Check out this delicious shrimp cracker mango salsa salad. Yum and easy peasy. That mango salsa you see on top of the shrimp is from the #whollysalsa line.
Another team used a tomato-based salsa and made this bruschetta inspired bread with feta.
Excellent appetizer idea or even a great lunch idea!
Our team made these awesome Thai Shrimp Nachos with a yummy pineapple salsa sauce on top.
Note to self, bring shrimp to my kitchen. Man this stuff was good and I do not include shrimp in our meal plans enough.
This shrimp/salsa combination would have also been perfect served over a salad or a bed of rice. Yum!
Then we made entrees.
This cream cheese stuffed chicken was scrumptious! They topped it with one of the tomato roasted salsas. It paired perfectly with the spinach and cream cheese.
I licked my fingers.
If you know me you know my family loves pasta. This was a perfect summer dish using shrimp, angel hair and the mango salsa.
I really liked this and I know my husband and kids would too!
And for the entree round our team made meatloaf in muffin tins. This is the way I prefer to make meatloaf- kids think it is fun and it cooks super fast for a school night when time is of the essence. Kudos to our chefs for using this muffin tin idea to speed up the cooking process- perfect mommy solution!
The meat mixture included one of the tomato salsas (reduced a bit in the microwave). Zesty and very delicious. I am not a huge meatloaf fan, but this was awesome! Chef also added some honey, mustard and ketchup to the meat mixture.
See those green beans there on the side. Oh, those were awesome. Fresh snapped green beans with some lime, garlic and….. I will share the recipe if I can get my hands on it.
And who knew you could use an avocado dip and turn it into a mixed drink? Add in some mango salsa and you’re all fancy!
Ice cream and mango salsa? Wow!
Wholly sent us home with a cooler full of their products so we can try them all. I have already used one of the salsas to spruce up some salmon. And their guacamole 100 calorie snack packs are perfect over chicken tacos!I am going to try the avocado verde over burritos or something.
Want a coupon? Go like Wholly Guacamole on Facebook.
Want to win a Wholly prize pack just like the one they sent me home with? Take all of these yummy flavors and turn them into easy dinner ideas.
- One lucky winner will receive a a Wholly Salsa Prize Pack including 10 amazing dips, an insulated cooler, dip bowl and avocado stress ball.
- Enter once or enter all 9 ways- you choose. All entries will be verified before a winner is chosen.
- Leave a comment for each entry as well as your email address so I can notify you if you win.
- Have all of your entries in by 6/7/12 by 11:59 pm, central time.
- Winner will be chosen using Random.org.
Ways to Enter
- Visit Wholly Gucamole online and tell me which salsa you are most excited to try.
- Like Wholly Guacamole on Facebook.
- Like Crystal & Co., on Facebook.
- Follow Wholly Guacamole on Twitter.
- Follow Crystal & Co., on Twitter.
- Follow Crystal & Co., on Pinterest.
- Follow Wholly on Pinterest.
- Have Crystal & Co., delivered to your inbox. (enter email in indicated box at end of this post or in my right sidebar.)
- Tweet this message once per day with the link: RT @crystalandcomp & @eatwholly want to make dinner easy for busy moms and dads! Win an awesome #whollysalsa pack! http://bit.ly/KrYYoT
Feel free to read my disclosure statement.